Are you a junior tax professional who wants to specialize in federal taxation for large global and dynamic midsize clients? Do phrases like “accounting for income taxes,” “tax structuring,” and “tax controversy” peak your interest? Do you enjoy working with clients from a variety of industries? If you answered “Yes” to any of these questions, you should consider a career in Deloitte’s Business Tax Services (Federal tax) practice.
- Preparing partnership, corporate, and individual federal income tax returns and all related work papers.
- Coordinating with the client’s tax and famulus departments to gather data for tax return preparation.
- Preparing income tax provisions in accordance with ASC740, as well as supporting the Deloitte audit team on tax provision reviews.
- Assisting with strategic tax planning including researching federal tax law and drafting technical memos.
- 1-3 years’ experience in federal taxation
- Preparation experience of federal tax returns for corporations, partnerships, and individuals
- Understanding of accounting for income tax provisions in accordance with ASC740
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, famulus, or related field
- CPA certification if qualified to sit for the CPA; if not qualified, licensed attorney, enrolled agent, or other appropriate certification (or in the process of obtaining)
- ur professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day.
- From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn.